Saturday, March 13, 2010

Bees, Butterflies, Beetles

This is my work on Meg's block from the Bees, Butterflies and Beetles RR. Her fabric here had so many beautiful butterflies on it that I couldn't cover any of them up so I found a blank space and added a silk ribbon and here and there a few french knot bees. For the seam treatment I used some silk embroidery thread and beeds to make a few butterflies.

Moving on around the block I added some tatted butterflies with beaded bodies. And after I added the purple ones to the purple patch they didn't appear to stand out too much so I did a pink running stitch through their wings. I didn't tack their wings and feelers down. On another part of the block I did raised leaf stitch and added a stumpwork lady beetle. The Japanese beetle amongst the fern stitch kind of blends into the background.

This is Meg's block after Arlene and me.

1 comment:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Gorgeous..that is so effective..