Just finished my work for Alice in a CQI Art Nouveau RR. She's pretty fruity and I couldn't fit a partridge in the pear tree. Hope she likes it. Most embroidery is in two strand DMC. Gold cord is couched with gold sulky. Leaves are fussy cut from some grape fabric I had in my stash.
Friday, June 18, 2010
I am participating in a pink and black 9" block swap. These are some of the blocks I've chosen to do.
I'm also participating in a batik block swap. I fussy cut the centers and can't wait to see what everyone else will swap. I will be making more with different fabrics. And, oh, darn, I noticed I took a photo of the butterfly twice and left a different one out. Maybe next time...
Saturday, June 12, 2010
I've got blocks from two different RRs pinned together and hung outside on the clothesline. In the middle is my Hearts IV RR block that Carolyn, Nicki Lee, Candji and Juli worked on. I couldn't have asked for anything more- it contains such beautiful work. Around the outside are 6.5 inch blocks. Five of them have been beautifully embellished in a Encrusted CQ RR by Rita, Ritva, Gerry, Wendy and Lisa. I originally thought I would make two blocks like the above and then sew them together for a bedrunner but since not all the blocks have been embellished yet and the thing weighs about 25 lbs (well, it seem like it), a 50 lb bedrunner may be too much for me to lift to put on the bottom of the bed. Maybe it will be a wallhanging instead. I know I want to use it somehow with my favorite Valentine (Hanky) Quilt.
P.S. - I tried to make a couple of blocks look more vintage (like an old scrapbook page) by tea dying them. So, those are the brownish looking ones I may have to redo. Instead of looking vintage it looks like I dropped them in the mud.
Sunday, June 6, 2010
Naked block for a "Lucious Lace" RR. All fabrics are cotton. Since I have been in "traditional" RRs on CQI and CQ4N yahoo groups I have usually done blocks in this size and added a heart. When I get enough I will sew them all together into some type of wallhanging or something. I will call it "Have a Heart Round Robin" and put in the middle a block of my own with a heart with a robin in it. Kind of corny, I know
Thistle Fairy - I embroidered turkey knots, cut them and fluffed them up to simulate a thistle on the top two thistles. I added bullion knot flowers along the bottom, fern stitch flowers to frame the fairy, sulky to the wings, some rhinestone stars, beaded buttonhole stitch and a couple of tatted butterflies.