Monday, October 17, 2011

Glowing Review

Ok, don't pay any attention to the quality of the stitching. This was a test. I wanted to see if "glow in the dark" thread really did glow. First line was DMC 1 strand, second line was DMC 2 strands, third was Coats and Clarks machine embroidery thread 1 strand, fourth was Coats 2 strands and final line was 1 strand of DMC plus 1 strand of Coats. 

Results:
  1. Coats thread glows far better than DMC although DMC does glow but not as much and it depends upon the stitch used. For instance, running stitch one strand barely glowed.
  2. All still glowed the same after going through the washer and dryer.
  3. All still glowed the same after being ironed.
I should have tried it on other colors instead of black but I didn't and now won't. I am going to use one strand of each since that Coats thread is too fine for me to even see if it isn't dark and glowing and will take me forever to hand embroider a pillowcase for grandkids.

On my lunch hour today I bought fabric for the pillowcases. I've decided against the vintage transfers on the pillowcases for the grandkids like I originally planned. Instead I will embroider the "frosting" on the cupcakes on the cases for the girls and embroider the spider webs on the pillowcase for the grandson. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

karen said...

Great road test! I am looking for something to enhance my "pirates at the bottom of the sea" crazy patch segment. You have given me lot to think about! Where did you get your threads from?Thanks