Thursday, October 20, 2011

Peas and Roses

Ok, now that I'm finished with my wired ribbon rose I don't think those pink stamens look right. They are sewn in there pretty tightly so I'm not sure I should swap them with some others. Maybe if I scatter them around a bit, maybe they are too bunched up...

This is the rest of my work on Paula's rose themed block for this RR - a tree rose (and I thought those lazy daisy leaves were more tightly closed than this pic shows.) of silk ribbon with perle cotton stem stitched trunk and some bullion rose buds. Hmm, it's weird how things seem to look good until I take a picture...

This is Paula's block after Arlene and I have stitched on it. Two more ladies have to take their turns before it goes home to Paula.

This is my last one for this DYB RR. It is a six inch block for Darlene and her theme was fairy tales. I chose the Princess and the Pea block. (This is not a good picture I must say). I hope to mail all her blocks home to her tomorrow.

The End.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Your rose is very beautiful....but I do see what you mean about the stamens. could you put an opal nail polish on them to tone them down.....