Monday, October 24, 2011

Sweet Dreams

I made some pillowcases that should glow in the dark. Each of these will go to a granddaughter (aged 6) for Christmas.

I backstitched around the cupcake frosting with the glow-in-the-dark thread I talked about in a previous post.

This one if for my 2 1/2 year old grandson. I backstitched a "path" on the pillowcase cuff with glow-in-the-dark thread. I was going to overstitch some spider web fabric for the cuff with some spidery fabric for the case but remembered Jacob is afraid of spiders. Well, he was afraid of them last year. He didn't want to jump in a pile of leaves with the other kids. His sister finally told me he was afraid there might be spiders in there.

These pillowcases are for my DD and SIL. They love to fish, forage for mushrooms and camp. A couple of years ago I made them a quilt with naturey type fabrics they have on their bed so the pillowcases should go well with the quilt.

And these are pillowcases for my brother who will be visiting us from Florida for Christmas. He loves hot peppers.

Funny story about the glow-in-the-dark thread: I keep a jelly jar for orts on a table next to the couch where I do my hand stitching. I threw all the glow-in-the-dark orts in the jar along with other threads. The granddaughters were out visiting this weekend and woke up around 5:30 a.m. and saw the glowing glass, were amazed, took threads out and stuck them in their hair and danced into my bedroom to show me. I must admit I put some in my hair and danced around with them for a bit. We pretended we were fairies until the thread all fell off of us and onto the rug, couch and ...well, all over the house.

Shhhh, the glowing pillowcases are for them for Christmas and I'm not going to tell them they glow.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

That’s a cute story about Glowing Orts, LOL! I can just see you dancing around as a fairy! Hugs, Cathy