Friday, December 30, 2011

A Little Crazy Quilting

This is the second 4x6 block (Colleen's) I stitched for the exchange hosted by Kathy Shaw. It was a little challenging since there were squares with so many different colors so  I broke it up a bit with my seams. I feather stitched all seams and added a different type of "flower" to each. Then I added some sweetheart roses here and there.

On Ruby's winter themed block I added some motifs- a sleigh, wreath and tree -  in metallic threads. It's hard to catch the sparkle in the picture. Around the silky I ruched some organdy ribbon and some white bumpy yarn.  I was hoping it looked like snow. Most of the stitching was wrapped backstitch with a single strand of the metallic thread.

1 comment:

Mosaic Magpie said...

Absolutely Beautiful! I love the metallic thread stitched motifs! The bullion stitches on the feather stitches are great too!
Nice Job!
Deb