Saturday, April 7, 2012

This and That

My work on Nicki's valentine block. I chain stitched on top of some baby rick rack which was on top of some stretchy gingham trim, added some perle 8 cherry stems and rhinestone and bead cherries. Some felt with buttonhole stitch and fabric cutouts on a couple and heart cookie button on another.

My work on Lorrie's Sew It Up block. I first cross stitched a basket of yarn with 14 count waste canvas, made a zipper flower, chevron stitch seam with buttons, and you can see the rest. I was totally uninspired since she used butterfly and dragonfly themed fabric and I was supposed to think "sewing"...

And this is my contribution to the joint block. In this DYB everyone in this RR stitched on a 6th block in addition to stitching one entire block. I crocheted a bunch of chain and ended it with a flower with a button center.

I'm off to make pies for Easter from pumpkin I grew and froze last fall.

No comments: