Monday, May 28, 2012

Charity Quilting

After an exhausting 3 days with the grandkids (planting seeds, joining summer reading program, park, playing cards, camping out in backyard) they went home this a.m. and so I chose to spend some time on my extra day off work sewing for charity. 

 12 6inch 9 patch blocks for a lady who sews them together for new moms and grandmoms.  


5 - 8 inch heart blocks of choice for a lady who sews them together for those who have lost a close loved one. 


17 (out of 48 for an adult quilt) blue string blocks with black centers for Heartstring Quilt Project


And finally 10- 12 inch stars for Quilts of Valor. 
God bless our soldiers and keep them safe.


Edited on Tuesday - Linking up at Quilting by the River: Linky Party

3 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

You goy quite a bit done - love the blue HS blocks. One of my first few string quilts was all blue.

Mary Johnson said...

Oops sorry for the typo .. I meant to say you "got"

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Great blocks! I had to chuckle when I read about the grandkids and an exhausting 3 days. I did that a couple weeks ago and it really is exhausting! Thanks for sharing!
Quilting at the River Linky Party Tuesday