Friday, February 1, 2013

Pink Fluff - A Fab Feb Finish?

I need to declare a project I want to finish in Feb for 
A Lovely Year of Finishes

So, my goal is to finish (quilt and bind) my scrappy Pink Fluff quilt I sewed up from all my pink scraps during the Jan Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2013 - another donation quilt for Wrap-a-Smile. 


Here's the Pink Fluff flimsy 42 x 54



Lots of fun fabric scraps went into this top. 


I spy a bee, a cherry, a cupcake, some broccoli, paperclips, candy canes, grapes, a present and an eye. Who could believe so much could be contained in a tiny scrap? These were corners cut off another I Spy Snowball quilt I made one of my granddaughters about 5 years ago or so. I think each of these little hourglass squares is less than 2 inches. 




There are no quilt police here...I've found the perfect 100% cotton hot pink backing in my sheet stash and there will probably be enough left over for binding. 
I don't have a longarm...I quilt on plain Jane (DSM). Whenever I buy batting I try to buy Queen-size on sale. Then I zig-zag together the leftover pieces and use them in smaller quilts. I don't think you can see the zig zag in the photo but I guess it serves to show I'm ready to pin, quilt and bind for a Feb Finish.  In fact, I'm participating in a Super Bowl Sunday virtual sew-in with Sunshine Quilt Guild Yahoo Group Sunday and I think I'll work on it then.

3 comments:

CeLynn said...

Love that pretty pink quilt top! I do this with my scraps of batting too :)

GranthamLynn said...

Oh I think I already told you I love the big on. But I love the eye spy. I don't think I have seen one with geese blocks. Love it too. I might have to try that. Great idea because you can use such smaller pieces and make more quilts! Yea. I don't normally use sheets for backings but I do piece my batting and buy the biggest I can too. And, my machine is a plain Jane too. I am currently using a Singer and she quilts good enough for me. I have a sick Bernina that quilts like a dream. Hopefully she'll get a hospital visit soon! Happy stitching. I think I am following. At least I know I get your emails but I'll be a follower too. Look for my Blue Slippers.
Smiles,
Sherry

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great one for a Lovely Finish in February. It's wonderful what you can make from leftovers!