Friday, October 4, 2013

Star Light, Star Bright. First Star I See Tonight. I Wish I May, I Wish I Might...

...Have the Wish I Wish Tonight. 

My wish is to get this quilted and bound in October. 
It just this week became a flimsy.  Quilt was inspired by a free quilt pattern called Star Bright from Swim, Bike, Quilt.   I cut my squares 6.5 inches for a quilt that measures 60x78.  I'm making it for Quilts of Valor. 

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? And check out what everyone else is whooping it up about over at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.    (I'm also whooping it up because my son's girlfriend (is someone still called a girlfriend at age 40) is finally, after about five weeks, home from the hospital. She was in ICU for three and a half weeks and in rehab until discharge yesterday. )
Oh, and since I finished this flimsy up today I'm also linking up to Finish it Up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts. 


6 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow! Love the way the blue stands out against the black and white. Looks awesome!!!

Vic in NH said...

So simple yet so effective! Thanks for sharing this. Also very glad for your blessings in your extended familiy.

Ellen said...

The big splash of colour against the black background is unexpected and looks great.

Glad to hear is all well with your family.

sarah elizabeth :: {no} hats said...

Love your take on this pattern with the blacks and dark fabrics -- can't wait to see it quilted!

Sarah Craig said...

Oh, Kathy, that's so pretty! I need a quilt for an 8 year old boy, and I had completely forgotten this pattern - it would be perfect. Thanks for the reminer!

Whoop whoop!!

Kris said...

oh love how that star pops and the little bit of color in the star fabric. That is brillant!