Sunday, March 2, 2014

NewFOs and UFOs

NewFO



For my New Fabric Object Project for February I made some 12 inch Rosebud blocks. The backgrounds are all fabrics with roses and the "rosebuds" are all going to be made in solids - the colors of roses. 

I have a box of rose themed fabrics and back in 2009 I printed off the Rosebud pattern from Quilter's Cache and threw it in the box to remind me of a possibility for the fabrics.  I guess the time is right. I love roses and am longing for some warm weather and roses blooming in the garden. Playing in rose themed fabrics might just be the next best thing. 

For NewFO ideas and inspiration visit the NewFO Challenge Linky Party at Cat Patches. 

PROGRESS ON A NewFO


I've finished four block modules for the MOD MOD QAL going on at Block Lotto and hosted by the oh-so-creative Sophie. 

The block modules are 21 inches square. 

I'm making the individual blocks that make up the modules in complementary colors. 

And I'm using up lots of scraps.

UFOs

March Goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes 2014


Last August I made some giant 24 inch crumb stars and then turned them into a 60x80 quilt top. 

My March goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes is to baste, quilt and bind my crumb stars and get it donated to Quilts of Valor.  I have a fun backing fabric for it all picked out. 

12 comments:

carla said...

Hi!!! Wonderful creations!!!! I followed over from the newfo I enjoyed my visit!!!! Thank You

Muv said...

Hello Cathy,

I have a serious soft spot for rose fabrics. The rosebud quilt will be wonderful - I am looking forward to seeing how it will turn out.

Love, Muv

Kaelyn Angelfoot said...

That is fabulous QoV in progress! Very nice

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Love love love your crumby QOV!!! That is beautiful!!

Debra said...

cool blocks!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I can't wait to see how you quilt this...I absolutely love it!

Donna said...

I love your crumb stars. Happy quilting.

DeAnna said...

Great starts. Quilter's Cache is an awesome place for block ideas! I love all the circles in your quilt. Thanks for sharing.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Your rosebud quilt is going to be spectacular. I just finished Floribunda using floral fabric with a solid and I really like the combination.

Barbara said...

Oh what a fun block on your NewFO. You have some great starts here.

Wendy said...

you have been busy! Some great blocks there. The rosebuds is a pretty project - I've been wondering what the FO in NewFO stood for!

Brown Family said...

You have some lovely projects.