Saturday, May 24, 2014

Oops


Green is the color of the month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. 

I have used a lot of my smaller scraps and have quite a few chunks of green I thought I would make into 12 inch Dandy Quilt blocks - instructions at Quilter's Cache.    I've made a Dandy Queen-sized quilt in 30s reproductions and a Dandy lap quilt so I figured there was no need to look at the pattern and just started making blocks.   After I finished four blocks I knew there was something wrong. 

Rather than fix them they are going to stay that way. 
Hey, these are scraps!

I just haven't decided yet whether or not I'm going to continue with the blocks in this manner or make more blocks following the pattern.  I have LOTS of green chunk scraps. 


I also made a few 3 inch 9 patches since I usually swap those 3 times a year with an on-line group. We also swap 4.5 inch HSTs so I added a few of those to the pile.    And those center 3 inch blocks are what was left over from making the 9 patches. 

Do you have scraps? 
Use them up and join us each ScrapHappy Saturday and show off what you've done with them. 


10 comments:

scraphappy said...

I had to look for the longest time for the mistake. Definitely NOT worth ripping out. What a cute block. So many happy green scraps put to good use.

make.share.give said...

They're fine and dandy just the way they are!

Kate said...

These looks great. You could try making a couple the "right way" and see if you like the combination.

Karen said...

All your blocks are lovely. I really like to make the smaller blocks. Thanks for the inspiration.

Nell's Quilts said...

I like your variation. Definitely more of a star look to it. What a nice collection of blocks you've got going.

Gina said...

I couldn't see what you'd done wrong until I realised. It's not an error it's a design change. That's what I always say when things don't turn out as I expected xx

Katie Z. said...

Looking good!

Ellen said...

You have a great bunch of blocks!

Deb A said...

I agree - just a design change and it looks great as is!

Christa said...

I have a problem. I can't see what is wrong (supposedly).