Friday, July 11, 2014

HSTeria

I made 4 - 8 inch Ocean Waves blocks from some of my 2.5 inch 30s scraps and unbleached muslin. 

I think I see more of these blocks in my future. 


I've laid out my Basket Blocks on the floor so I can get the top sewn together. I was originally NOT going to put them on point but decided I like that arrangement better. Now I need to make 2 more blocks, darn it.  I'll have to root around in my stash to find something to put in the baskets too.  Darn it x 2. 

I participate in a quarterly HST swap on Block Swappers Yahoo Group so I made my 8 sets of 6 - 4.5 HSTs   
I've been making my swapped HSTs into 16 inch Depression Blocks. 

Are you working on a project that uses HSTs? 
If so join the party at Field Trips in Fiber. 
Vicki is generously donating her beautiful "scraps" to a random lucky winner each week. 
Last week lucky winner was me! 

HSTeria Quilt Along

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I have a bunch of 30s repros that I need to use. I think triangles is the way to go!

Pattilou said...

I'm smitten! All of your HST's are wonderful!

Sally Trude said...

What a lively and lovely collection of prints. Do I dare suggest some kittens for the insides of your baskets?