Saturday, December 13, 2014

I Think I Have Enough Blocks Now


I now have 43 - 12 inch Kaleidoscope Blocks.  I only need 42. That rainbow one was an after thought  and it kind of sticks out so I might not use it. But, you never know. 

I've been making these out of scraps as one of my Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2014 projects.  Each month I've made a block out of the color of the month, color of the month plus it's complement and color of month plus previous month.  This month I had to free form it and let my scraps dictate.  I've used crumbs for the corners and want to use crumbs for a border.  I'm hoping when all is said and done the crumbs will kind of look like those little kaleidoscope pieces before they form a beautiful design. 

Stay Tuned for a Finish Next Year of this and some of my other RSC 2014 projects. 

Is Anyone Finishing a Rainbow Project? 
You'll have to find out for yourself with a visit to ScrapHappy Saturday, a weekly RSC link. 

Oh, and got scraps?  Think about joining RSC 2015. 

12 comments:

scraphappy said...

I do love the rainbow block, but wow, it is bright! Looks like a quilt is just around the corner.

Julierose said...

this is so cheerful and lovely--funny, when tv first came out (yes, I'm THAT old--we had a round Capeheart tv!) they used that shape for a test pattern. I wonder why...it was all blacks and grays and whites...perhaps testing the values...anyway, this "old graymare" likes it a lot! hugs, Julierose

Ellen said...

Your blocks are just so much fun! Maybe the rainbow one will find its way on the back.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

More is better than not enough! Love all the color!

Deb A said...

Better to have too many so you can play and put the extra's on the back!

ES said...

I'm looking forward to seeing this as a completed quilt! It will be very colourful with lots of movement! I hope you are also looking forward to Christmas.

Andee said...

Looking good!

Marly said...

This is going to be a quilt full of movement. I look forward to seeing where you put the rainbow block.

Nell's Quilts said...

Wow! That's a whole lot of kaleidoscopic fun! A finish is in sight. Great job!

Cathy Tomm said...

Love all the colour. Great idea to do the colour of the month plus something to go with it.

Kate said...

Bright and fun blocks, especially the rainbow one. Looking forward to seeing this one all put together.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Those are all so fun!! The rainbow one - oh my gosh - it great!!