Friday, February 6, 2015

10 x 4 Apples Up on Top


I've finished another quilt for the hope chest.   This time it is a quilt for my first great grandchild.  It may be awhile - my grandkids aren't even in their teens yet. 

I decided to call the quilt 10 x 4 Apples Up on Top and put one of my kid's old books (probably about 40 years old, read a lot and falling apart) with it in the hope chest. 


The quilt is made of 30s reproduction fabrics. Some of the blocks are from a couple of different swaps - one of apples and the other of 9 patches. 

I hand quilted it with #8 red perle cotton. 


54 x 66

This is the first quilt from my 2015 30s Bin Bust Challenge. 

At the end of the month I'll link up to Julie's Binding Blitz

Also linking up to:
Can I Get A Whoop, Whoop at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Finish it Up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts
WIPs Be Gone at A Quilting Reader's Garden

6 comments:

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Great size for a child! Love the pic with that old book! You should put that in the hope chest with it!

Julierose said...

I love the fact that you tied the quilt to this book. what a wonderful present for your first grandchild...hugs, Julierose

julieQ said...

The hand quilting is so pretty !

Quilter Kathy said...

Congratulations on this terrific finish!
I remember that book very well and was happy to see it again! Great idea to put it with the quilt :)

Mad Cat Quilts said...

this is so cute!

Adrianne @ On the Windy Side said...

Lovely!