Sunday, May 3, 2015

Basket Weaving 101

Basket Weaving 101


Only a few more horizontal rows left to quilt with perle #8 and then the row of baskets needs to be quilted - probably in regular hand quilting thread. 

I won all of the blocks from Block Lotto last year.  Lucky me...I won several times last year.  I pieced together the batting from the mountain of leftover pieces piled in the corner of the room and I had the different colors of perle on hand as well as the backing so this is practically a free quilt. 

This is my May goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes 
Slow stitching? 
Join us! 

10 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow / Sacred Eclectic said...

Love the bright cheerful colors! :)

Toni Macomb said...

It looks great! Love the quilting with perle and you are just so creative by adding the baskets. Nice!

Julierose said...

Wow--what a lovely win --this is awesome...hugs, Julierose

sophie said...

I love the combination of blocks ... and I never would have thought about it. Can't wait to see the whole thing.

Jeanne said...

Looks great! I'll be doing the big stitch on my next Kim Diehl quilt.

Deb A said...

Free quilts are the best! Love the bright cheerful colors.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Love how you quilted this! Also the combo of blocks really play off of each other and then the perfect name! Great all around

gayle said...

As an actual basketweaver, I can tell you this is a fabulous quilt!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

What a fun quilt--lucky win! I like the baskets too!

Terri said...

Your quilt is all +s, no -s. Love it.
Hugs