Thursday, July 14, 2016

Peace


Peace
40 x 60

It will be donated to either  Wrap-A-Smile  or   Quilts Beyond Borders. 




This is made mostly of leftover Happy Blocks with peace signs from a quilt I made my brother years ago (maybe 2013?) and some star blocks leftover from who knows what - probably patriotic Happy Block quilt. 

I pieced together leftover batting with zig zag stitches. 

The backing and binding is some calico from the thrift store.  I found a couple of yards for 95 cents - brand new, never used.  I know it was old because it was only 36 inches wide.  I remember those days! 


I quilted it on my DSM with loops and three petaled flowers. 



10 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

This will make a great comfort quilt.

Emily said...

I love how cheerful it is!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Like that quilting design! What a happy quilt.

Janie said...

Now that is a great quilt! Love the color and design and quilting.

gayle said...

A cuddle quilt with extra happy and peace. Can't beat that!

em's scrapbag said...

Wonderful happy quilt, sure to bring lots of comfort.

Kaja said...

An appropriate quilt for today, I think.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

It is perfect!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Love this finish! (Was skimming through all your posts as I was really looking forward to seeing this one finished!)

Leanne said...

Lovely, a fun finish! Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts.