Sunday, March 18, 2018

It's a Flimsy! The Patriot

 The Patriot
It's a flimsy
62 x 80



It's a mystery no longer! 

Thanks, Alycia! 

I wasn't going to participate when I first read the fabric requirements but found I had several dark blue chunks in my scrap bin as well as a few reds and lots of ends of muslin. I supplemented with fabrics from my patriotic box since my goal this year is to use holiday fabrics.   The only thing I was short of was light blue fabrics - scraps or patriotic. I found a few pieces in my stash and ended up using the yardage of some Kona Candy (light blue) I think I had set aside for one of my UFOs but since I'm not really sure it got cut up.   I'm pretty sure the color is Candy because when I bought it I wondered who would eat blue candy.  So I can buy more later if I come across a UFO that absolutely needs it.  I rarely buy anything over 1/2 yard unless it's a really good deal so that's why I think I bought it with a purpose in mind unlike most of the fabrics I buy. 

I'm not sure what to use for backing or how to quilt it but after that it will be gifted.   



13 comments:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Beautiful mystery quilt! And I love your border choice!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Your quilt top turned out great! I really like the design on this mystery.

Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Julierose said...

I love that you used stuff in your stash--I especially like how those little flowery pieces give this a really nice feel...great work hugs, Julierose

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Love Love LOVE it!! I am so glad you participated!!! ( and glad you liked the final result... *shew* )

Karen in Breezy Point said...

I love this one--great job!

---"Love" said...

What a pretty quilt that turned out to be! I always love R/W/B! I'm not buying much fabric either; I just need to get busy and sew up what I have stashed everywhere! ---
"Love"

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That turned out really neat! I like the variety of reds and blues you used.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I absolutely LOVE how your quilt top turned out!! I had hoped to quilt along, but my days are no longer my own.

Libby in TN said...

Maybe the light blue was "cotton candy"; it often comes in blue. Whatever, it worked well in your quilt. Great job!

Anonymous said...

I truly love this! Since I could not work on The Patriot with everyone, I saved all the clues so I can make it in the next few months. I am inspired by how wonderful it looks! You did a great job!

Pamela Arbour said...

That turned out great. I love it!

Emily said...

It looks great! Kona has a candy blue, candy pink, and candy green. I, too, wonder where those names come from. I mean, the pink could be cotton candy but what about blue and green? Oh, well, I guess when you need over 300 names, some of them don't make sense!

gayle said...

You can practically hear the John Philip Sousa playing!