Monday, December 19, 2011

If I Saw This in a Quilting Book or Magazine I Probably Wouldn't Make It!

Remember these 350 HSTs I made for part 3 of the Quiltville Orca Bay Mystery? 

Well, for part 5 of the Quiltville mystery we needed to add "wings" to the HSTs so I cut 700+ 2 inch triangles and then sew them to either side of the HSTs. I added some blacks with color this time - bats, cherries, flowers, hot peppers, shamrocks, pumpkins, lady bugs, polka dots. 

If I saw directions for a quilt that included sewing together so many small pieces I don't think I would make it. I would think it too large a task I would probably start and never complete. But, I do love a good mystery, viewing the variety of fabrics everyone is  using and sewing along with a lot of ladies from all parts of the world to create the same quilt - a virtual quilting bee. And, all the ladies are linked up at Quiltville if you want to take a look. 

1 comment:

Kathy's A Quilter said...

love the addition of the colourful bit. And I agree, if I had seen this pattern and decided 5 weeks prior to Christmas that I was going to undertake this...having head examined. But this is something like eating a whole elephant...one bite at a time.