Tuesday, April 17, 2012

That's Just Fine and Dandy

I didn't have enough fabric for the backing for a large quilt I've had as a WIP since last June so I started making blocks to fill in with the batik backing. I used one of my fav blocks...Dandy...which finishes at 12 inches. Unfortunately I like them too much to use on the back of a quilt so I will probably have to make more Dandy blocks now...enough for a Queen sized quilt.

So, I don't know when I'll ever get this quilt finished. This was the look last June and it has since had a border of prairie points added. 

I think I have enough purple Kona to add a strip to the batik I have to make a backing...hopefully this weekend.

Linking up at Quilting by the River and Fabric Tuesday at Quilt Story. (Buttons on side bar).

3 comments:

Arlene Delloro said...

Don't blame you for not wanting to use those great blocks as backing. Love the quilt as well; it gives me a feeling of stained glass.

Carla said...

I have done that in the past, made my backing pretty enough to be a front. Looking forward to see what you come up with for that pretty quilt top!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful blocks and beautiful quilt, I would definitely make 2 different quilts!