Monday, June 25, 2012

Sewing Seams


I'm off this week. We were supposed to be camping with extended family; however, my husband has had to have hyperbaric oxygen therapy treatments unexpectedly (2 hrs a day for 20 days) so that threw a wrench into our plans. Instead, the granddaughters (aged 7) are camping with us in the backyard out here in the country.

Today I set up the sewing machines I bought on sale for them a couple of months ago and they got their first lessons in learning to sew straight seams. I tore up some muslin I had into strips as well as a  45 cent sheet from the thrift store and they spent a couple of hours learning about sewing machines and sewing seams. They think they are ready for pillow and/or pillowcase making but I told them I need to see quite a few straight seams before they advance on to that.    Groan....





2 comments:

Cyn said...

Fabulous pics of your girls. LOVE the expressions on their faces... so intent and concentrating so hard. Delightful. Sorry about your DH and hope it feels better real soon. Please tell the girls, I think they look so grown up sitting at their sewing machines! It is wonderful that you are passing sewing skills on to the next generation.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like Granny is a tough taskmaster! LOL! Cris in MT