Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Twenty-eight Years Ago Today...

Worked on patriotic themed happy blocks today.  I don't have air conditioning (I live in an old farm house in the country) and the heat index is over 100 so no one wanted to come out to our house to celebrate anything. 

Twenty-eight years ago today (July 4, 1984) my youngest son was born at around 2 o'clock in the afternoon. (8 lbs. 4 oz. 20 inches long). John Henry III was named after his father and grandfather. (Don't know why father, John Jr., wasn't in the pic. But take a good look at me since I normally don't put pics of me out there on the internet since I haven't seen a photo of me I ever liked including this sad one ). 

And, the rest of the story...as I've written on his card every year since he was old enough..."xx years ago today you popped right out of my crotch". ('Tis true. I got to the hospital at around 1:45, didn't wait for DH to bring wheelchair so walked right in and about 15 min. later DH was cutting the umbilical cord and we had a new baby 10 years younger than our oldest.)

Happy Birthday to my Yankee Doodle Dandy, my little firecracker, my youngest. I LOVE you.! 

No comments: