Monday, October 22, 2012

Feeling Really Catty

 My husband's cousin died last Wednesday. She was from a family of 11 kids. My husband is from a family of 8 kids. All of those kids have kids and most of those kids have kids. With such large families it is easy to get out of touch especially if you don't have a Facebook page (like me).  Anyway, I saw my niece at the funeral and saw she was pregnant and ready to pop (October 25). I had no idea.  Well, I keep a box of Happy Blocks handy so grabbed up a bunch of girly looking cat themed blocks to sew together for a quilt.
I got as far as an assembled top. I HOPE to finish it up this weekend.  (Photo seems a little blurry. The flimsy was on the clothesline blowing in the wind, like the answers, my friend.)

Linking up to Linky Party Tuesday at Freemotion by the River. 

3 comments:

Amy said...

My niece would absolutely love all those cats. Very Cute! I'm sure your niece's little one will love this. You are always so busy!

sulrossgrad (Emma) said...

Love the idea of having happy block done ahead of time. The quilt top is really cute. Can't wait to see the finish.
Emma

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Great kitty blocks and this will make a perfect quilt for your niece! Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday