Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Crazy Basket Case WIP


I'm still working on my lap quilt - Crazy Basket Case. It was my CQJP 2012 project.  Actually, it still is my CQJP 2012 project. In between other projects I've been slowly working on stitching the seams where the blocks join.


 I've mainly done feather stitching (which I often mistakenly think of as stem stitch because when I stitch it it reminds me of flower stems).





I'm wondering about a border and haven't decided yet if I want one and if I do want one do I want to use one fabric for the border or use all my red scraps or...    I have some red fabric with little baskets on it to use for the backing and probably have enough to use for borders. I guess I will decide when I get to that point.

I also need to decide on how to finish the quilt. I was going to tie. But most of the quilt shows around here don't accept tied quilts. If I get brave enough to ever enter a show I want to make sure it will be accepted and fit category requirements.  Believe me, they will!


  1. All quilts must be quilted by hand, machine, or both. Quilting is defined as a running stitch that passes through top, batting, and backing. Tied quilts are not eligible.
  2. All quilts must fit the size requirements and definitions of the selected category. 

Since this is a Work in Progress please visit Pintangle where I've left a link to my WIP and where you will find all kinds of eye candy, stitch tutorials, eye candy, information, reviews, classes, eye candy, inspiration...Go!

8 comments:

Quilty Conscience said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

audrey said...

Love your stitching. Amazing!

Tammy said...

Oh my that is stunning...Love the colors, lov ethe designs and love the embroidery...That is gonna be "sew" awesome when you finish it will win you a prize when you enter it...

Queeniepatch said...

Interesting and unusual crazy quilting all in red and white.

Anonymous said...

I've been following your progress through the year - love this quilt.
Marci

Jill said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Red and white quilts are always my favorite, and this red and white crazy quilt is just stunning! I love the different stitches you've added to the ends of the feather stitches.

Marjolein said...

I really like this cheerful quilt.
The baskets are so cute!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Absolutely stunning! I need to learn more embroidery stitches so I can try this some day. What a work of art!