Saturday, August 31, 2013

Crazy Cravings in September - Part II

 I'm a participant in the Crazy Quilt Journal Project 2013. So far I've made 1 block each month. I've made 3 blocks this month for my Crazy Cravings lap quilt.  I want to have 20 blocks so need to step things up a bit if I want to finish a lap quilt in January 2014.    This is the second block for September. The first was blogged a couple of days ago and the third will be blogged within the next couple of days. 

Yummmmmm. Hot Chocolate.

On this seam I made stitched some buttonhole wheels in 2 strands DMC and outlined them in metallic gold chain stitches. I thought it kind of mimicked the gold outlines on the little pastries in the fabric. 

 One seam has fly stitches and on the other I used some pink trim and attached it in the loops with straight stitches on each side.

This seam has brown/white trim attached with pistil stitches and french knots in perle #8 and a yummy cupcake button. 

Feather stitch with lazy daisies done in 3 strands variegated DMC.




Buttonhole stitch topped with some stars.  I used one strand brown DMC and one strand of metallic together.
And finally I added some trim I picked up at the thrift store a long time ago. (Up close it looks like it might be falling apart). I attached with lazy daisy stitches and french knots.

And now I'm on my way out the door for a 4 hour trip to a wedding. My niece Genevieve and her groom will be getting a double four patch quilt from me as well as kitchen set consisting of a hotpad, crocheted dishcloth and embroidered dishtowel.

1 comment:

Julierose said...

This is going to be a terrific crazy quilt--love all those food stuffs!! Julierose