Sunday, October 20, 2013

I Have Another Crazy Craving

This is my third Crazy Cravings lap quilt block I've finished in October.  Only 6 more to go before assembly of the 12 inch blocks into a lap quilt 4x5.  This has been my Crazy Quilt Journal Project for the year.  

Cupcakes!
On the left I attached a piece of ribbon with laced running stitch.  On top the seam is embellished with a simple x and - the bottom seam is a piece of rick rack attached with herringbone stitches. And the hearts on the side are chain stitched with variegated silk thread and I kind of wove straight stitches inside. 

Here I did some free form chain stitching with some variegated thread that matched the cupcake frosting. I think I've mentioned in the past that I LOVE variegated threads!

And finally I stitched this seam with feather stitch and buttonhole stitches. 

I wish I had a design wall. I'd show all of the blocks so far up on the wall. Instead I pinned them together  in no particular order and hung them on the line outside for a picture.  I think the border will be pink gingham with chicken scratch stitched on it.  Crazy, huh? 

I made Halloween cutout cookies with the grand kids yesterday so my craving for sugar cookies with icing has been satisfied. 

My CQJP 2012 crazy lap quilt, was Crazy Basket Case.  Sign ups are going on now for CQJP 2014 and I already know what my lap quilt will be next year!! 

To see what others are slowly stitching this dreary October Sunday visit Slow Stitching Sunday at Kathy's Quilts.   

5 comments:

Deb A said...

I just want to take the top off the cupcakes and grab one! They look great. Such detail in your quilt - reminds me of the crazy quilt my Grandma made that my Mom has. I have sugar cookie batter in the fridge - will be made tomorrow morning and then the kids get to decorate some tomorrow afternoon. I do see pumpkins in my future!

Rose said...

What a cute idea for a crazy quilt!

Béa said...

A lot of beautiful blocks / work on your lovely blog !

deb @ frugal little bungalow said...

This is a YUMMY quilt :)

Marci said...

I especially like the seam with hearts.