Sunday, March 16, 2014

How's the Crazy Farm?


I've finished my March  12 inch "Crazy Farm" block for the Crazy Quilt Journal Project.  At the end of the year I hope to assemble all blocks into a lap quilt. 

Carrots, buttonhole wheels outlined with chain stitches and feather stitch and lazy daisies...

...stem stitches with french knots to sort of imitate the green fabric, cast on stitch pansies and the red are just straight stitches topped with a detached chain stitch...

...crocheted star flowers with french knot centers and a tulip in wrapped back stitch. 


And now it joins the other "Crazy Farm" block


And now that my March crazy quilt block is finished I will probably spend the rest of the month finishing up the final 10 applique butterflies I need for the quilt I'm making like grandma's. 

After I finish hand binding a quilt I'll be working on the butterflies for my Slow Stitching Sunday project.  If you are hand stitching today join the party. 

4 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

OH Cathy... another fantastic block, with such creative stitching! It's like an eye-spy quilt and there are so many things to see in the fabrics, and in the stitching...great job!
Thanks for linking up - enjoy your slow stitching!

Willow River Piecemakers said...

I have not tried crazy quilting..love embroider, great place to try..your quilt will be gorgeous..look forward to seeing it all..how do you quilt it after blocks are together?

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I just love all the crazy blocks you do. Do you spend a lot of time looking for the right theme fabrics? You must have so much fun doing these. Wish I was that creative.

Béa said...

Beautiful crazy blocks !