Friday, August 22, 2014

Zombies and Comics and Lots of Love, Oh My!


Zombie pillowcases for my granddaughters.  

For the July A Lovely Year of Finishes my name was drawn for a $10 gift certificate at Stitches N' Giggles.  I saw these zombie and contrasting zombie eyes fabrics and figured my granddaughters would like some zombie pillowcases for Christmas.  They seem to love those hideous Monster High dolls so I'm sure they will love these. Not sure how sweet their dreams will be though. 


For Christmas my grandson will get comic book character pillowcases.  One piece was a remnant.  The other fabric I purchased with a 40% off coupon.  My grandson is only five but since he turned about 3 years old we've had these big discussions on which comic book character would save the day in theoretical situations.  I think I know more than I ever wanted to know about characters and their super powers. 


And finally, a couple of pillowcases for my daughter and son-in-law for Christmas made from more sale fabric - 50% off. 

 A few years ago I made sets of holiday pillowcases and gave them to my son and his fiance for Christmas and now my daughter has requested the same.  So, for a start I've got Valentine's Day covered. 

Linking up to:

3 comments:

Schulz Family said...

visiting from crazy mum quilts. Pillowcases are a great present and you are very organised getting them done now!

Julierose said...

Oh cool pillowcases--my grandchildren loved them for last Christmas....hearts are so cute! hugs, Julierose

Gina said...

great pillowcases. I love the zombies xx