Sunday, March 1, 2015

Yes...I'm Still Big Stitching and Will Be for Awhile


Perle #8


Big stitching


Yellow fabric had dragonflies on it so why not quilt dragonflies in this section.


I used a dark green back. You may not be able to see all that stitching on the busy fabrics on the front but it shows well on the back. 


All different colors of thread...


All different motifs...


It's starting to have a nice texture.  And, no, that's not a crease quilted in...just a wrinkle in the fabric that will wash out. 

Hand stitching? 

9 comments:

Quilting Nonnie said...

The pieces of the quilt you showed looked super! It must be a beautiful quilt. I've tried large stitching on a very small quilt. It was fun. I enjoyed looking at your stitching and it was cool to see the different things you quilted on blocks. The green back is great; I love looking at quilting on the back of the quilts.

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

I love the big quilting! I also like how you are using different color of perle cotton.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Looking great! I agree the big stitching is so much fun. What brand of perle do you use?

Kaja said...

I love the big stitching, and pictures of the back always show it off so well.

deb @ frugal little bungalow said...

Lovely stitching! :)

Stephie said...

Love the colours in your quilt and your big stitches are fab! Do you use a hoop?

Sarah said...

I agree I love the big stitches! Great quilting.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Love the dragonflies! About how long did it take you to do that block and do you use a thimble? You continue to draw my attention each Sunday...

Quilter Kathy said...

Wonderful stitching texture! Love that you are using lots of thread colours! Thanks for linking up!