Wednesday, May 27, 2015

It's a Jungle Out There!


Six 12 inch Jacob's Ladder blocks 
made from some of the 4.5 inch HSTs and 4 Patches swapped with some of the members of the Block Swappers Yahoo Group. 


Even though I'm an old lady, I don't swap blocks made of "old lady" fabrics.   I usually make the wild ones.   And this quarter most of my blocks to swap have a jungle theme.  (I felt like monkeying around ). 

At Block Swappers we also swap 3 inch 9 patches quarterly.   I'm always on the lookout for fabrics with a small things printed on them.   I made a Sister's Choice quilt out of these little 9Ps last year.   After that I started using them in a couple of Jack's Chain quilts.  

Join up with Block Swappers Yahoo Group if you like swapping 4 patches, HSTs and/or little 9 patches AND if you don't mind some weird fabrics once in awhile. 

 There's also a swap going on now for 4 inch 4Ps and 4 inch HSTs in Civil War repro fabrics.  I need to get moving on those! 

3 comments:

gayle said...

I hear ya on the 'old lady' fabrics. When I was younger I collected stick-in-the-mud colors - now that I'm in my 60's I'm going for the oranges and purples. Preferably in combination. Because life's too short for quiet colors.

Ann said...

I love your fabrics!. Great patterns.

sophie said...

I just went looking for the Block Swappers Yahoo group and found two–neither of which seem to be the right one. Could you post a link? Thanks.