Sunday, October 11, 2015

I Think I'll Need More Than the Power of Positive Thinking - Q4 FAL Goals



 

I'm going to need more than positive thinking to get all of these completed because a lot of them involve hand quilting. 

1. I LOVE Cherry Pie...this king sized quilt needs some quilting. Backing is made, perle has been purchased for some big quilting. I just need to pin baste and then get to it. 


2. Which Way to the Chocolate? ...I need to order some variegated brown perle, figure out what to use for a backing, piece together some batting scraps...

3.  It's not all about foods I love around here...I also love flowers and birds.  This queen-sized quilt is in my hoop now. I'm maybe about 1/3 of the way finished and then I need to decide what to do with those flapping prairie points. 


4. Vintage Spin...another one waiting in the queue for hand quilting. What to use for the backing??? Hmmm...

5. 56 Shades of Envy.  I just finished this queen-sized top. I can't decide if I should hand or machine quilt. Stay tuned...

6.   Good ol' Sunbonnet Sue...This has been a top for ages and ages and ages. These Sues were from a swap ages and ages and ages ago.  They are fused and rather stiff. 

7. Jack's Chain.   This is one for the hope chest...a wedding quilt for my 6 year old grandson. He might be married before I finish it so I might as well add this to the list. 


8. STARZ.    These were from a swap ages ago.  I just found them when I was cleaning up around the sewing room. 

9.   Fall Orphan Quilt.  I've been throwing bits and pieces, scraps, odd blocks into a pile for long enough. Time to make a quilt out of them for donation. 

10. Feather Bed...a new wild string scrap project. 



11. Tulips.  I hate adding sashing to make a quilt top so I've been stalled on this.  I think I will like it if I get my butt in gear and get it done. 

12. Postage Stamp (1.5 inch squares) Girls.  I need to get those girls bordered and made into a top!


13. Rail Fence.  I originally made these blocks to use up some gray, white and blue scraps. They are kind of bland and boring so there they sit.   But, I think I'm going to add some Fireworks. 


14.  I need to make at least 3 sets of pillowcases for Christmas. It's a tradition. 

 15. I still need a new purse. 







12 comments:

Lisa J. said...

Oh my goodness! Your quilts are all so beautiful. I love that king sized cherry pie in particular. I'll try to be more faithful in checking out your hand quilting.

Maryse said...

Wow, your Flowering Snowball is "out of this world", the colors are just fantastic! I love it!! Good luck with all your finishes!!

gayle said...

Oh, my goodness, I'd forgotten about the feathers, and I am envying your 'envy' big-time!
Jack's Chain is a quilt pattern that I've long admired - probably the nine patches' fault - and yours with the dark blue background is gorgeous!
Good luck with your finishes!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Really?!?!?!? All that in the next 3 months ?!?!?!?!? Have fun picking and choosing which ones to work on first - SO much glorious color in this post!

suemac said...

I love the orange feather fabric.

Ann said...

My, so many! Jack's Chain has been on my list for years. I guess I need to start one soon.

Julianne said...

Good lord thats alot of quilting, you can do it girlfriend! I love them all!

Helen in the UK said...

Wow, that's a lot of goals!! I think the 65 shades of green should go in the machine quilt pile, judging by the amount of hand quilting you already have. Hope you make significant progress on your projects because you have the potential for many great quilts there :)

audrey said...

It'll sure be fun to try though!:)

Sally Trude said...

My goal for the last quarter is reading through your goals for the quarter. Egads. Now I need a nap.

Kaja said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe you have all these waiting to be quilted! However would you get all that done in three months? I particularly love Cherry Pie and Vintage Spin.

Jennie @ Porch Swing Quilts said...

So much to love, but the first two I keep coming back to stare at. And your Jack's Chain. Love that it's a hope chest item. I might need to get started on some for my kids. It will take me that long to finish them!