Friday, January 8, 2016

Q1 FAL: Some Goals

It's time to state some goals for the First Quarter 2016 Finish Along. 

What to do....what to do....

1. Finish my lozenges (aka suppositories) quilt. It's a top and will be machine quilted.


2. Finish my rail fence/fireworks quilt. It's a top and will be machine quilted. 


3. Finish Feathers. It's a top. I'm on the fence as to whether I should machine or hand quilt with...wait for it...feathers!


4.  Butterflies (aka Beggar Blocks). Needs sashing finished.  And I think I want to have a "butterfly" border. Machine or hand quilt? Hmmmm....


5. Finish Vintage Spin.  It's almost ready to leave the hoop! 


6. Finish Which Way to the Chocolate.   To be hand quilted with big stitching. I have lots of different brown/cream threads to use on it. 

7. Finish Heartstrings (light center) for donation. 

8. Finish Butterfly Garden with some big stitching. 


9. Finish my Kaleidoscope quilt.  I made enough blocks during the 2015 Rainbow Scrap Challenge for a big quilt. Needs assembly. 

10.  Finish Vintage Tulips.  It's pinned and ready for hand quilting. 

11.  Finish Starz.    Really old blocks from a swap.  Needs assembly. 

12. Finish Jack's Chain.  To be hand quilted. Don't know what to quilt in those solid hexies yet. 


13.  Finish Crackers. Needs to be assembled and then machine quilted. 


14. Gosh, I still need a new purse.  Maybe one of these days I'll have one. 

Now that I've declared my goals it's time to meet up with others at the 
FAL 2016


12 comments:

Ellen said...

Oh my Cathy...so many wonderful quilts awaiting! :)

gayle said...

Oh, my goodness! I'm tired just reading the list... But they're all so beautiful that I'll certainly be cheering you on! I can't wait to see the finishes.
(I wish I had a quarter of your energy...)

---"Love" said...

Every one of those will be beautiful when finished, but I know which one I'd do first. I love, love, love the Fireworks quilt! I've had and used a lot of those same fabrics, but that design never entered my mind. Now I guess I have an idea what my next patriotic quilt will be! ---"Love"

em's scrapbag said...

Great goals lovely quilts!

greeneggs said...

What a beautiful and diverse collection of quilts. 'Suppositories,! Hahahahha that cracks me up.

Mystic Quilter said...

My goodness what a lot of lovely works in progress - are you intending to finish these up in the first quarter?

Marei said...

Your to-do list has just turned into MY to-do list....make all of Cathy's quilts!! It'll be a long term list.

Maggie A said...

Great list of quilts.....eagerly watching your progress

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful variety of quilts and so many! You really have a good eye for colour and fabric combinations

suemac said...

I need to be brave and count up my UFO's.

Nancy said...

You are so prolific! Either you sew at lightening speed or you have some elves there helping you. Great work!
Nancy (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)

Kaja said...

Wow! There are some quilts here I can't wait to see finished - do we get to vote on which order you do them in?