Monday, August 1, 2016

Gwennie Inspired Medallion QAL- Log Cabin Themed Borders


For this round of the Gwennie QAL the border theme is log cabins.  For my first quilt I made lots of little 3 inch quarter log cabins with red centers and 1.5 inch neutral strips and arranged them randomly for the border. 



Some of the red centers even have little baskets in them.  


For quilt # 2 I also used 1.5 inch strips in red and brown with some yummy treats thrown in for fun and... 

... I just sewed the strips log cabin style around the entire center.

Next border looks like it will be a star theme. Hmmm...

What fun to see how everyone interprets each theme. 


18 comments:

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Both log cabin borders are just perfect for their respective quilts! I adore the colors you are using in your second quilt!

Karen said...

I think quilt two is wild and crazy. Love those themed fabrics.

sophie said...

Both quilts are looking great!

gayle said...

I love all this log cabin fun - from the wee ones to the giant one!
And that second quilt just makes me giggle, which is undignified in a woman my age, but there ya go...

Béa said...

Both are perfect & beautiful.

Quilting Babcia said...

So imaginative, I just enjoy looking at all the design elements in each one.

Debra said...

Oh my! These are both awesome! Great job - love your interpretation of the log cabin theme. Can't wait to see what you will do with the stars! Gorgeous!

Cathy said...

Both of your borders are beautiful. I look forward to seeing what you do with the star theme. Hugs

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Fun log cabin borders! Can't wait to see what the next round will bring!

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Love them both, very colorful.
Have a great day!

Angie in SoCal said...

Both tops are great. One is so big already.

Lori said...

Both quilts are wonderful and so creative!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Awesome times two!

Quilteuse Forever said...

So much inspired, wow!

Nancy said...

It's been interesting to see the variety of ways quilters interpret "log cabins." Yours are both so different and yet both perfect for the quilts.
--Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)

Kaja said...

I like that you have one quilt with a huge log cabin and one with lots of tiny ones - not sure why I find that so pleasing but there you go. These are both growing so beautifully.

Karen said...

I like the way you did your log cabin round on quilt #2. A lot of time spent stitching the narrow strips.

Debra @ Life is a Stitch said...

Great choices for both of your quilts!!!! Especially love the color in the second quilt border!!!